Welcome HOME

Welcome to Civil Requiem! We are a MCU RPG set in the wake of S.H.I.E.L.D's data dump with a unique twist on the Manhattan incident and it's consequent fallout. Check the plot for more details and enjoy your stay!

Character of the Moment
Thread of the Moment
Couple of the Moment
Member Group of the Moment

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

just dying to be him, #chance/adore - may
RYLAND LUCAS
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 08:28 PM

Civilian

Nicknames / Ry

Age / 33

Occupation / ER Nurse

taken-ish /

FC / patrick stump

Trixie / EST / She/Her

Ryland didn't often have the apartment to himself. Sharing with his sister had been his brilliant idea so it wasn't like he could be upset that she was around so much. But when she was there he didn't have any privacy - with his bed in the living room and doubling as their couch. He was left with little freedom to have friends over, let alone lovers or possible boyfriends. But this week was his lucky week. The younger Lucas child was currently on a flight out to Wisconsin to visit with their mother and Ryland had seven days without another person living in the small Brooklyn apartment. He had to give the place some credit though, it was far larger than the one they had once shared in Manhattan.

Tonight a bottle of red wine was chilling in the kitchen area while Ryland busied himself around the apartment straightening things up. Chance was coming over and while he knew he didn't really need to clean up like this, Ryland felt that tonight was different than other nights. He wasn't entirely sure why but it just felt that way and Ryland wasn't going to fight it. Not if it meant spending time with the man who made his heart do weird fluttery things. Honestly, from a medical standpoint the way that he felt when Chance was around couldn't have been healthy. But he wasn't going to think too much about that. Overthinking things was something he did really well and way too often.

As a knock hit the wood of the front door, Ryland scurried to check over his appearance one last time in the bathroom mirror - the only full length mirror in the entire apartment - before going to answer it. He pulled open the door with a huge smile on his face and his anxieties about everything having to be perfect melted away when he saw the man waiting for him. "You look so nice tonight," he said, moving from the doorway so that Chance could come in. "I have wine in the kitchen. And beer, just in case you didn't feel like wine tonight." Ryland closed the front door and rung his hands together in a nervous way. "How was your day?"
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 08:53 PM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

Chance was looking forward to a night off the streets. Manhattan had come to make him more than nervous every evening, and the process of patrolling the streets to keep civilians safe - leaving him in a position of danger, and occasionally risking him getting lost, which was the lesser of two evils - was exhausting. Not only was it exhausting, it certainly gave him a greater appreciation for nights when he got a chance to do - and see - who he wanted. Sure, it had taken more than two hours to Ryland's apartment in Brooklyn (and that was mostly without moving streets) but it was worth it.

He'd dressed nice enough for the occasion, dark jeans and a button down. He'd mostly seen Ryland in uniform - coffee dates over lunch breaks were a personal favorite - and he wanted to look good for him. Hard as it might've been for Chance to fully admit it, he'd adopted some kind of feelings for the nurse he'd met after the battle in the city. But of course he had. He was the person he'd learned about the new world from, staring through a city window while he healed.

When the door opened, he smiled. "Hey. Thanks." Gosh, Ryland was a good person with a handsome smile and a nice face. He stepped into the apartment and gave a cursory glance around, only vaguely familiar with the place he now inhabited. "Either works, but you're a good host for thinking of me." He teased, reaching out to pull one of Ryland's hands from the other. "Why you look so nervous?" He asked, perhaps a bit cheekily. "Nothing to hide from here, nothing to fear. Just you, me, and some wine and beer."

Truthfully it was easy to see how that could be intimidating. But he chose to ignore it.

He gave a squeeze to Ryland's wrist and shrugged off his jacket. "You're red now, I wonder how rosy you'll get with a bit of alcohol in your system."

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
RYLAND LUCAS
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 09:01 PM

Civilian

Nicknames / Ry

Age / 33

Occupation / ER Nurse

taken-ish /

FC / patrick stump

Trixie / EST / She/Her

A laugh came from him in a soft tone. "Who is to say that I don't already have some alcohol in my system?" In truth he had had a beer or two before the detective had gotten to his door but it was far from enough to make him drunk or anything. Truthfully he was nervous because he had this feeling in his body that he wanted more than just casual dates and the occasional sleep over. More and more Ryland was having to come to terms with the fact that he wanted to be domestic with Chance - as domestic as either of them could be.

"Make yourself at home. I'm going to go get us a drink." Ryland kissed chances cheek as he moved past him, his hand running lazily across the other mans stomach while he traveled into the kitchen, still in plain view of the other man. The apartment wasn't big, that much was for sure. Pouring out two glasses of wine, filled just a bit above the acceptable level, the nurse returned and set them on the coffee table before getting some cheese out of the refrigerator. "I read on the internet that if you aren't eating cheese while drinking wine then you aren't doing it right. And I figure that I do enough wrong that I shouldn't drink wrong too." He chuckled a bit. "Did you work today?"

Ryland took a seat on the couch, leaning back comfortably and drawing one of his legs to tuck underneath him as he ate a few cubes of cheese that left something to be desired. Chance's job was fascinating to him, the idea that someone would risk their life in that way... it was foreign and familiar all at the same time. And it was terrifying. He had seen Chance hurt before and he didn't have any desire to see that again.
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 09:35 PM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

The touches were easy and admittedly electrifying to Chance's skin - he was a little bit ashamed of how his breath caught in his throat at the brush of Ryland's hand across his clothed stomach as the man ventured to retrieve the bottle of wine from the fridge. His lips curled into a smile as he watched him go, listening to the soft footfalls of a man he'd come to thoroughly enjoy the company of. A man he wanted to see more. God, not once in his life had Chance ever had the desire to see more of someone. He wasn't antisocial, not really, more just... busy with his own affairs. Ryland had upset the status quo, but that was okay. Sometimes it's okay for things to change.

"I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know anything about proper wine drinking, but I'll take your word for it." Laughed the detective, remaining standing until a moment after his companion for the evening had settled onto the cushion of the couch, drawn up into himself in a way that read more comfortable than uneasy. He smiled and took his spot next to Ryland, leaning against him and taking the former advice to heart: make yourself at home.

Leaving the wine be for now, he relaxed against the blonde-haired man and took a slow breath in. "Mm, yeah, lucked out on the morning shift. I've done voluntary patrol so much lately they've let me off easy on the schedule, I think. As usual, though, they call I'll come." You never knew when someone would find a body on the side of the road... violence was, after all, unpredictable... especially in this day and age. "But I'm hoping they'll call someone else. I'm a bit busy tonight and theres no telling how long it'll take me to get to wherever they'll tell me to go." He didn't even want to consider the possibility.

He opened his eyes, looking over at Ryland through his periphery. "I feel like all we ever talk about is work," He laughed breathily, shaking his head. "But then, I guess it's all either of us really do."

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
RYLAND LUCAS
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 10:36 PM

Civilian

Nicknames / Ry

Age / 33

Occupation / ER Nurse

taken-ish /

FC / patrick stump

Trixie / EST / She/Her

Ryland seized the opportunity of the man sitting down and relaxing to draw Chance closer to him, putting arm around the younger man and pulling him so that the detective's back rested against his chest. A comfortable position. One that made it seem like they had been doing this forever, like they were meant to be here. It was nice and it was relaxing - things that Ryland wasn't familiar with, hadn't been familiar with in a long long time. "I will have you know that I did not work today. I actually have a vacation planned for a week from now. Nothing insane, just four days. But that's a lot for me." Indeed it was. He barely even took his whole two days a week of downtime off. If they needed someone, Ryland was there.

Grabbing the remote from the side table, Ryland put on the television, letting it sit on the nature documentary that was on from when he had previously been watching it while cleaning the apartment. The volume was low. Background noise. That way they could sit in silence if they wanted to. Not that silence was uncomfortable when there wasn't something happening in the back of your brain. But this way they didn't feel the need to talk if they didn't have anything to say.

"We're alone for the night," he said, his fingers going to stroke through Chance's hair. Was it possible for hair to get softer every time you touched it? It sure seemed to be. "Magnolia is out of town. We can cuddle and talk and do whatever we want to do without fear of her popping in." His sister was good about locking herself away in her room immediately if she interrupted something but it didn't change the fact that that was a mood kill. "I got lost today. Only for a half an hour. But it was startling. Usually my routes don't change too much. I suppose I'm usually just lucky in that respect."
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 11:10 PM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

"Look at little old lucky you, barely getting turned around." Laughed Chance, content to lay back against Ryland's body and just relax. It was such a foreign thing, relaxing like this, just lazing around and knowing that there was nothing in the world that could possibly interrupt it. He smiled, slinking down Ryland's body enough to have to look up at him when he was speaking. "You just lucked out entirely. Great job, nice face, hardly-changing route to work. I'm going to start getting a little bit jealous." He hummed.

His eyes closed again as fingers carded carefully through his hair. This felt natural in a weird and unfamiliar sort of way. He could make out the words of the documentary in the background but he wasn't paying attention to much more than the gentle touch. It was nice, not having to think, not feeling anything, not seeing any flashs of thoughts and memories and events. His head wasn't throbbing for the first time in a long time, maybe because he had let himself stop for a moment.

Bringing his hand up, Chance let his fingers catch Ryland's as they worked through his hair. He hummed in quiet delight, licking his lips. "Thanks for inviting me. I... needed this. Time with you. It makes everything else easier." The admission felt uneasy at first, but his tongue soon adapted to the words. He didn't want to open his eyes, content to feel his way through the moment blindly, to listen to the steady beat of Ry's heart and the falls of chest with each breath. Easy. Content. Everything no part of his life had ever been.

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
RYLAND LUCAS
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 09:30 PM

Civilian

Nicknames / Ry

Age / 33

Occupation / ER Nurse

taken-ish /

FC / patrick stump

Trixie / EST / She/Her

A happy warm feeling bubbled up inside of Ryland. He kissed the top of Chance's head, his fingers continuing to stroke the other mans hair. This was nice, this was love. Was he in love? That was a scary thought to have. Ryland had been trying to avoid being in love for years now - ever since what had happened in college. It just didn't seem worth it. But with the state of New York currently and how upside down it seemed his life was going, love didn't seem like such a ridiculous idea. Especially if he got the chance to be in love with Chance. This man was like a breath of fresh air. Someone who was just easy to be around. Not many people left in the world that you could say that about.

"Have you thought about us lately? Like... what we're doing here. Not on Earth or anything. Just with each other." The idea of straight out asking whether or not Chance wanted their relationship to go from 'dating' to 'taken' was horrifying and exhilarating. The answer might be yes and if it was then Ryland was pretty sure he would be the luckiest person to ever walk the face of the Earth. "Because I've been thinking about it quite a bit lately and maybe we could... compare notes?" Oh God, what was this? High school? Were they trying to exchange notes because one of them missed a science lecture? Why couldn't he just be an adult.

Maybe Ryland was being too hard on himself. His body stiffened a bit and the movement of his fingers in Chance's hair slowed doing, the strokes becoming longer as he worked the locks between his fingers. Here he was, ruining a good moment by over thinking. He should really get an award for this.
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 12:37 PM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

Truth be told, Chance had thought a lot about them and what they were doing. In a way, it was the only thing he could think about outside of work. A lot of his life was spent texting Ryland, waiting for their next chance to sneak away and kiss and hold hands and to genuinely spend time together. He hadn't intended to get this invested but he had. Ryland had come out of left field in a time where Chance didn't even know who he - or anyone else - was anymore. Watching the sky shift over New York through the ancient - or as close to ancient as anything in New York City god - walls of a well-respected hospital was scary, but less so when you had someone holding your hand through all of it.

He hummed contemplatively, trying to find the best way to tell Ryland everything that was on his mind. It was hard to put his feelings into words - not because of any deficiency or lack of emotional scope on his part, just because they were big and strong and there and he wanted it all to come out right. "I'd like to compare notes." He managed with a laugh, the analogy feeling strangely fitting as he sifted through the thoughts in his head.

Feeling the way that Ryland tensed up, Chance hoisted himself forward, leaning up and then turned and shifted them both so he could settle on his stomach between Ryland's legs. He looked up at him, expression soft and smile small but present. "I think... we're doing something good." Great, an excellent way to not say anything at all. He could've slapped himself. "I love spending time with you, and you've been with me through all of this--" He gave a vague gesture in the direction of the window behind the couch, glancing briefly that way. "And you're the person I think about first when I wake up in the morning, the last text I like to send before bed. So I mean." He bit his lip as he realized he could feel the heat of a blush spreading up his cheeks.

"I mean, I guess I've thought a lot about us and what we could be. What I'd like us to be. Something, I mean. I want us to be something, I think."

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL