Welcome HOME

Welcome to Civil Requiem! We are a MCU RPG set in the wake of S.H.I.E.L.D's data dump with a unique twist on the Manhattan incident and it's consequent fallout. Check the plot for more details and enjoy your stay!

Character of the Moment
Thread of the Moment
Couple of the Moment
Member Group of the Moment

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Misfired Communications, Chance Anderson
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 12:56 AM

Avenger

Nicknames / Tony Stark

Age / 40

Occupation / President of Stark Industries

Single / N/A

FC / Robert Downey Jr.

Holmes / ATL / He/Him

Tony honestly didn't know what to make of Sam Wilson. The guy seemed on board whenever Cap was making the calls, but when Tony tagged him in it was "not his division" and something or other about the NYPD - which, last Tony checked, Wilson wasn't even affiliated with outside of potential veterans in his program.

Landing on site, Tony stepped out of the suit and flashed a smile at passers by, even as he told JARVIS to standby on aerial mode. After confirmation, the suit sped off without him, leaving Tony frowning at the phone in his hand even as he scanned the crowd for the man he was looking for. The streets were teeming with people, which was exactly why he wanted to try and pull this extraction as carefully as possible. The 084 was situated somewhere down one of these winding alleys - and the 'somewhere' was mostly attributed to the fact that his tech kept getting jammed every time he got a close lead on it, and then the streets jumped. As far as he could tell, the thing was in the center of one of the few places in Harlem that tended to move with any sort of frequency - but the only way to know for sure was to get closer to the source and keep as many people from getting too close as possible.

Shaking his head as his phone dinged and he got a string of sass, he headed into a small sandwich shop and asked if Sam wanted anything. Once he had the order he nabbed it and sent off his exact location, taking a seat and unwrapping his pita to chow down while he waited.
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 01:05 AM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

So Chance had been made privy to some information - namely the phone numbers of certain important people in the city. People who he'd come to know as the limited force standing between him and whatever the hell was up in the sky. The people he was supposed to work with, to an extent, because of his involvement with the police force. He had their info but hell, he had no idea they had his. He wondered what could have possibly made Tony Stark decide that he was the best partner for the job, but with jack else to do that day it seemed an interesting enough adventure.

Besides, if it was alien, it probably wasn't going to make him sick to his stomach.

Strangely enough, it was the one bit of solace he'd found in the whole thing with the Chitauri and the battle over Manhattan. Anything they left behind left his mind beautifully empty when he touched it.That wasn't something he could say for anything earthly, and if they hadn't nearly killed him he'd probably thank the alien bastards for their otherworldly ability to stop the flash video in his head with every skin-to-object contact.

Rounding the corner nearest the address he'd been shot via text message, Chance straightened his posture, lifted his chin, and cleared his throat. "Mr. Stark." He said in his best 'I'm a detective' voice - he was still working on it, sue him - as he eyed the avenger up and down. "I'm not entirely sure why you asked me here, but I'm flattered. That mine?" He gestured at the untouched pita, the bit of rogue generosity (though, the man was a philanthropist) that he hadn't expected out of their admittedly sass-filled exchange. He didn't really wait for an answer, but took the untouched food. "Thanks." He managed through his mouthful, swallowing after chewing just a small handful of times.

"What are we working with here? Any clue?"

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 01:42 AM

Avenger

Nicknames / Tony Stark

Age / 40

Single / N/A

FC / Robert Downey Jr.

Holmes / ATL / He/Him

It was definitely not unusual for him to be approached in the street by complete strangers - one of the inherent issues involved in being a large scale public figure as well as an Avenger was that everyone and their little doggy felt entitled to his time, not to mention his money. What was a little less usual was the casual assumption that he'd called them and the absolute ease in which the man just sat down and started eating without so much as waiting for a heartfelt what the fuck?

"I'm sorry," Tony started, about to ask who are you before something occurred to him. "Hold that thought." He pulled out his phone and shot off a quick text to a couple different parties. Two got back fast enough that he was able to spot the error instantly. 73. Not 37.

Okay, so apparently he had called this guy in. Whups.

Flashing a smile, Tony lowered his phone again, debating how best to address this. The man was New York blue, so it wasn't like he could just blow him off without there being repercussions. Those texts made a lot more sense now - and his opinion of Wilson was back to square zero, so that was something. Something about the guy tugged at him as familiar, though Tony'd be damned if he could remember where he met him.

After some internal debate, Tony decided he may as well just roll with the mistake for now. "We're not sure - 084 is the classification we use for unidentified objects of foreign - generally alien - origin. Job today is to go in and grab it, and then I cart it off to the tower to determine whether or not it's a threat or an asset. Currently, extraction is our biggest concern."

Setting his pita aside, Tony took a drink before leaning back and checking his phone, wondering if he could manage a snapshot and a scan before the guy noticed. Probably, but it didn't feel right, so he looked over and admitted, "Turns out you're not Wingman - my bad, but since you're here, if you want to tag along I'm sure you're qualified enough if you're running homicide with NYPD."
PM
^
CHANCE ANDERSON
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 01:57 AM

Enhanced

Nicknames / n/a

Age / twenty seven

Occupation / detective

single / none

FC / ryan ross

adore / est / she/her

Ah. So it was some kind of cosmic mistake that Chance of all people had been texted by Tony Stark. It might've hurt his feelings, but Chance had stopped taking things personally a long time ago. It was a lucky mistake, if anything, because at least he was a law enforcement officer and not a well-meaning civilian getting in over their heads. Not that this wasn't inevitably going to put him in over his head - he'd seen just how far things could go with the Avengers involved, and he had a strange feeling this wasn't going to be any simpler than his last interactions with their exploits.

Maybe he wouldn't land in the hospital this time.

Taking another bite of his food, Chance took a moment to weigh the words coming out of Tony's mouth. He could feel the weight of his sidearm hanging against his hip under his coat - he rarely left home without it at this point - and he wondered, briefly, if he'd have to use it. He wasn't really in the mood to shoot anyone today, so he was hopeful that it would be as fairly cut and dry as Stark was making it out to be. A guy could dream, right?

"Detective Chance Anderson, homicide." Because the 'who the hell are you?' was going to come sooner or later. "I've got my badge if you need to see it, but in the end I'm here and your Wingman's not, so hey. At least I might possibly have some idea of what I'm doing." The smile on his lips was dopey and a little playful, but there was still something serious behind his eyes. Because there had to be. Because this could mean life or death, especially if Tony Stark himself had no idea what exactly they were dealing with. Not exactly a comforting thought. And of course, you know, aliens, man. Aliens.

"I promise to offer any assistance I can, and to provide cover for you in the event of hostile interference. Beyond that, I'm sure you won't really need my help. Though... I may be able to tell you definitively whether or not it is alien in origin, if that's of any use."

notes
n/a
PM EMAIL
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 02:31 AM

Avenger

Nicknames / Tony Stark

Age / 40

Single / N/A

FC / Robert Downey Jr.

Holmes / ATL / He/Him

He had to hand it to Anderson - the guy rolled with his punches easily, and he had a good nature about the whole situation that was overall, a pretty phenomenal relief. Tony was making active efforts to be less of a PR nightmare - and though Kendra assured him he was doing well on that front, as far as he was concerned he had decades of mistakes to make up for and he'd really not add any more fuck ups to his pile of apologies to dole out. So he flashed a grin, grateful both for the officer's calm acceptance and the ease in which he cleared any potential awkwardness with his introduction. It was appreciated, considering this blunder was all in his court.

"You're doing better than most in that case," He joked, mainly because he doubted there was anyone who truly had an idea what they were doing these days. That said, if any could claim to have some semblance of control it was certainly the city's first responders to crisis, be they blue, white or red.

Holding up his hand as he finished off another bite of his own pita, he hoped to stave off the idea of fire power being needed at all. "This isn't fixing to be a gun fight - not if I can help it," He assured, "More than likely we're just going to get lost a few times and it might take four more hours than it should, but otherwise we'll be alright."

That was the hope, anyway.

Frowning a bit, he took a drink before addressing that rather curious remark. "You realize being able to definitively tell if something is alien and not insert country here's technology would save the C.A.D. hours of investigation on an 084?" He asked blandly, "If you've got a way to know for sure, I'm all ears."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL