Welcome HOME

Welcome to Civil Requiem! We are a MCU RPG set in the wake of S.H.I.E.L.D's data dump with a unique twist on the Manhattan incident and it's consequent fallout. Check the plot for more details and enjoy your stay!

Character of the Moment
Thread of the Moment
Couple of the Moment
Member Group of the Moment

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Floor Maintenance, Uh, calling Rhodey.
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 03:38 AM

Avenger

Nicknames / Tony Stark

Age / 40

Occupation / President of Stark Industries

Single / N/A

FC / Robert Downey Jr.

Holmes / ATL / He/Him

Tony had been out, when whatever it was had happened - which was probably good, seeing as the hole in his floor was right in the area he tended to walk through when he was bringing food to the couch. It wasn't too far from the couch, in fact -
and the shape was very distinct.

Naturally, the first thing he did was set down his kombucha and bag of fruits and lay stomach down on the floor to press his face to the hole and see if he could spy the downstairs occupants. Rhodey was - chilling out in the War Machine armor, or at least,
that damn well better be Rhodes.

Tony got up and went to the kitchen, asking mildly, "Hey Jay, did we have any intruders while I was out?"

"None of a particularly dangerous nature sir, no."

"What's that mean?"

Conspicuous silence.

Ah. Arachnid invasion. Tony realized, digging through his cupboards and rooting until he found what he was looking for. It didn't take him long - no more tan ten minutes - to rig up his gag, before he went back to the hole and gently eased down a can tied to a string, before rolling onto his back and biting back laughter,
waiting to see how long it took Rhodey to notice it. He kept the other can curled in his hand, but honestly, that just made this all the more goddamn hilarious, and it was really, really hard not to give himself away with the snickering.

PM
^
JAMES RHODES
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 12:09 AM

Avenger

Nicknames / Rhodey

Age / 46

Occupation / U.S. Airforce Colonel

Single /

FC / Don Cheadle

Mel / Pacific Time / She/Her

Rhodey hadn't been sitting on the couch for all that long, and was on the verge of getting up and out of the suit. The damn thing was not made for sitting on furniture, and was often uncomfortable. His heart rate was slowly returning to normal, he could feel himself coming down from the adrenaline high. Rhodey was relieved that there hadn't been anyone around to witness his freak out, but then again even if there had been it would hardly be the first time someone saw and made fun of him for his phobia.

He had been so lost in his own thoughts, that he hadn’t noticed the can tied to a damn string dangling from the new hole in his ceiling. It wasn’t until he finally stood up did he spot it, and even then he decided to ignore it for the moment. Instead Rhodey went about getting out of his armor and putting it back in it’s proper place now that there wasn’t anymore threats in his apartment.

With that done, he found himself sighing as he stared at the can still dangling from his ceiling. There was a part of him that wanted to continue to ignore it to see just how long Tony was willing to sit there, but for whatever reason he decided to indulge the younger man. Running a hand down his face he made his way over to the contraption. With a sigh he picked the thing up, giving it just enough of a tug to let the other know that he has the damn thing.

“I don't know if anyone has told you, but there is this miraculous thing they invented.. It’s called a cell phone, maybe you should try it sometime.” he spoke into the can, trying to hide the damn amusement in his voice, though it was proving difficult.
PM EMAIL
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jun 19 2017, 08:31 PM

Avenger

Nicknames / Tony Stark

Age / 40

Occupation / President of Stark Industries

Single / N/A

FC / Robert Downey Jr.

Holmes / ATL / He/Him

Tony had just managed to get his restrained giggles under control when he felt the tug, and a small snort escaped him as he listened over the tin line and chortled, waiting a moment before responding over, "You blast a hole in my floor, I'm blasting us back to the past buddy, fair trade in my opinion!"

Laughing, he laid there a moment longer before adding, "I think I'll keep it -
it does add character." Rolling over, he set the can aside and peered down at Rhodey before folding his arms and wondering down at him, "You think I'd be able to rig up a nerf gatling to drop through here? Imagine the fun we could have with that thing."

It was a terrible, god awful idea and if Rhodey didn't tell him no he would be helping him build it. One way or another though, Tony did think keeping the hole would be hilarious. Especially if Snafu got it into her head to drop down on Rhodey one day. She had a thing for Death From The Vents, so it wasn't out of place to think she'd see a hole in the floor and decide it was an open invitation to additional territory.

"Also, aside from interior decorating, what are you up to tonight? Last season of Golden Girls just finished downloading onto the portable drive."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL