Welcome HOME

Welcome to Civil Requiem! We are a MCU RPG set in the wake of S.H.I.E.L.D's data dump with a unique twist on the Manhattan incident and it's consequent fallout. Check the plot for more details and enjoy your stay!

Character of the Moment
Thread of the Moment
Couple of the Moment
Member Group of the Moment

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Curiosity Kills, Tag: Simmons
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 11:48 PM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

The Rider never had a problem finding the wicked and evil of the city. He was drawn to their corrupted souls. And tonight it had been a handful of gang members that had been taking advantage of the curfew. The roar of the Hell Charger’s engine had cut through the silence of the night and those who were smart took off running immediately. Those that stuck around saw the sleek, fiery form of the Hell Charger tearing down the street towards them before it slammed into the first of them. Even as the car skidded to a stop in the mostly empty parking lot, the driver dove out of the car to tackle one of the gang members trying to run away. Like his car, the driver was equally on fire, though his was limited only to his skull.

The screams and pleading of the gangsters was short lived as the Ghost Rider judged them all. Murderers. Rapists. Abusers. All had harmed the innocent and for that they would pay. The gangsters fought back with guns and then fists when that didn't work, but the Ghost Rider shrugged it all off. He caught then one by one, and one by one they died for the sins they had committed as he burned them to ash with his hellfire. No bodies, no evidence, if anyone had bothered to call the cops there would be nothing for them to work with.

For tonight at least, the Rider’s need for vengeance had been sated. His fire continued to burn as he walked back to the car, going out as he reached it. The muscle and skin of his face and head started to reform over his skulls as he got in the Charger and quickly took off. He might not have been worried about the police investigating his activities but he wasn’t going to risk getting caught at the scene.

Fire spewed from the Hell Charger as it raced down the street, making a few quick turns before Robbie stopped the theatrics. He left the headlights off, his sleek black car blending in dangerously well with the night but avoiding the patrols was worth the safety hazard. And within fifteen minutes of murdering half a dozen men, Robbie was parking Lucy in the garage across the street from the apartment he shared with his brother. He sat in the car for a few minutes, eyes shut as he gave himself a chance to settle down from the fighting and violence. In the back of his mind he worked up an excuse for his post-curfew outing on the off chance that Gabe was still awake before he got out of the Dodge Charger.

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 12:48 AM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

FC / elizabeth henstridge

adore / est / she/her

If she were being truthful, Simmons preferred to not be on the streets at night, but volunteers were volunteers and she did have field experience. It made sense that her higher-ups had pushed her out onto the streets... even if Queens was a bit of a hike. Leave it to Simmons to get thrust out into unfamiliar locales on a night where things...well, they just felt weird. She'd been patrolling a not particularly busy part of town when the scent of smoke and burning fuel caught her attention.

The scent of fire was strong but she tried not to pay much mind to it. Stranger things had happened; fire, at least, was something she could explain, unfortunate as it was. She just hoped no one had gotten hurt in the middle of it, and that the FDNY had gotten there quickly. There, sorted, done.

Only it wasn't. It wasn't fifteen minutes later that she smelled the scent again, only this time accompanied by a car. A car on fire. That... wasn't at all what she was expecting. For a moment, Simmons froze, stock still, eyes wide. Surely a car on fire shouldn't be doing fifty down a city road like nothing was wrong in the world. And then the lights went out and with it the fire. By that point, the car was at the end of the road, whipping around another turn.

"Oh no." She groaned, but her feet were already moving in the direction of the car and far quicker than she had ever intended them to. She was running...chasing. She had been far from a track runner in school, but necessity bred haste. Luckily for her, there wasn't far to go as she raced after the car.

After one last turn, Simmons was sure she'd lost it. She stood, panting, squinting her eyes into the night to try and catch a glimpse of light off the black of the car. She sighed, huffed, and turned to walk the other way when she realized what she'd been missing all along-- the open garage door.

Straightening up, Simmons swallowed nervously before marching straight to the window and raising her hand to knock with full intention of demanding to know exactly what the hell this fellow thought he was doing, why the hell his car had been on fire, and how the hell he'd survived...and turned it off on a whim. Instead, what came out was a rather meek "Excuse me?" She wasn't made for this sort of thing. "I -- you really shouldn't be out this late! I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the v-vehicle."

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:29 AM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

“Mierda!” Robbie’s eyes snapped open as the curse slipped out of his mouth at the sound of knocking on his window. His eyes narrowed on the woman as he looked her over, immediately suspicious of her. The slight stutter to her words though made him relax a little, Robbie had dealt with his share of cops before and they never came off sounding that nervous. Maybe this was nothing more than a concerned citizen and not the start of trouble.

He opened the door slowly, not wanting to hit Jemma as he got out. At 6’ Robbie knew he could be an imposing figure when he wanted to, but right now that was the opposite of what he wanted. He slouch to seem a little shorter and gave Jemma his most charming smile. “Sorry, you startled me there. Guess I was just zoning off… officer?” He raised one eyebrow at her, trying to get some kind of position out of her. Robbie didn’t recognize this woman from the neighborhood but that didn’t mean much.

He fiddled with his ring of keys, glancing around to see if there was anyone else here with the woman. Did she have a possible partner out there? The Rider whispered more sinister scenarios of traps and ambushes awaiting them outside of the garage. “I know it’s past the curfew, I just forgot something in my car. No harm in that right?” He flashed another smile at Jemma, hoping his excuse might be enough to end this now and let him go home to check on his brother.

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:50 AM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

Stumbling back a few steps as the car door opened and he pulled himself from the vehicle, it took quite a bit for Simmons not to wilt under him. He was tall,
broad, but not the scariest man she'd ever encountered in her life. Though the last time she'd met someone who could withstand the heat of fire it hadn't exactly been good. She'd felt bad for him, really, she had. Even after all the chaos.

"Oh no, not an officer just --" She cut herself off, clearing her throat and trying to straighten up. Be brave, Simmons, you've seen worse. You've handled worse. Maybe not in this new world, but you have. With Skye and Ward and Fitz and Coulson and May. All of the above. They would never have shied away from this...
alright, perhaps Fitz, but this certainly wasn't his area of expertise.

Taking a deep breath, she let her eyes travel up and down him as if sizing him up.
In reality, she was busy looking for any sign that he'd just been, well, scorched. There was no soot, not even a hit of black from smoke. It was like he'd never been in a burning car at all. That didn't seem right, if only she could scan him... perhaps it wasn't the best time. "I'm with the NYPD. Patrol." She asserted as boldly as her admittedly prim voice would allow.

His excuse was weak, but it would have worked if she hadn't been trained at the SHIELD academy... and if she had somehow lost her vision or her memory. She gave a small laugh, still nervous, and shook her head. "No harm, of course not,
sir was your car by any chance on fire a moment ago?"

Smooth, Simmons.

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 02:28 AM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

Dammit, he thought he had been careful in avoiding the patrols. Robbie preferred to avoid the volunteers, they were just doing their part to help the city as well. His smile faltered for a moment at her question, the Rider suddenly taking more of an interest in the conversation then possible ambushes. “On fire?” He looked back at his car and started to walk around it slowly, his fingers gliding across the Charger’s glossy surface. “That’d be some magic trick. I don’t smell any smoke and my baby is looking as perfect as ever. You’re free look her over, just don’t touch.” He took a few steps back from the car and gestured for Jemma to look it over if she wanted to.

This was not good. Sure, the Ghost Rider had been seen before but always as the Ghost Rider and never this close to his home. He had gone out of his way to avoid the attention and wanted to keep it that way. Which meant the Rider could not come out. No one cared about dead criminals, but a dead patrol volunteer? Especially a pretty woman? That wouldn’t be ignored. “Where do you think you saw this burning car? If someone’s having car problems then maybe I can help out, I’m not a half bad mechanic.” He would be polite and helpful and mostly honest, if he was going to make an impression on this lady he wanted it to be a good one.

Robbie shoved his car keys into his pocket to stop from playing with them. He had watched enough tv to know that such fidgeting always made someone look guilty. But the Rider was antsy and that seeped into Robbie. Without his keys in hand he had started to pace, glancing outside the garage periodically. “I hope you’re not out here dealing with a possible flaming car by yourself. Even with the curfew this isn’t the safest neighborhood.”

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 03:29 PM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

Magic trick. If there was anything that Simmons hated more than anything, it was magic. Magic was simply a means to over simplify science and make things seem mystical when really they were logical. There simply had to be logic in everything, that was how the world worked. Even in all the changes that she couldn't explain there was science. It was necessary and present in everything.

Hackles raised a bit by the warning 'not to touch', Simmons shot a half-concerned-half-distrusting glance at the man as she started to pace around the car, bending to examine the rims and the paint, seeking some kind of physical answer to what she had seen. She knew she had seen something. She stood up, now with the distance of the car - the car he didn't seem to want to see anything happen to - between them, a bit more confident. "With all due respect - and I'm not entirely sure you deserve it as you are lying to my face - but I have three Ph.Ds." She began, arms crossing as she watched him carefully. "All of them in the field of Science and I watched this car fly by in flames only to-- She gave an exasperated groan. "All to go out! Like a headlight... no, with your headlights."

"And!" She started, straightening up further. "I can handle myself, thank you for your concern." She was doing her best to keep herself from breaking down, notoriously not great under any kind of pressure that occurred outside of the lab. Really, she wasn't made for any kind of hands on things and she knew better than to be out here on her own but here she was. "Now please. Please just explain to me how your car is unscathed after it's... it's... that inferno."
PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 04:32 PM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

Well this wasn’t going as well as Robbie had hoped. The smiled on his lips died as she shoved her PhD’s in his face and prompted an eyeroll from him. Robbie had respect for people who could do that, until they tried to use their education as a way to shame him. While prissy little girls like her had mommy and daddy paying all their bills, he had been working his ass off to keep a roof over his and Gabe’s head and food on the table. “With all due respect chica, I suggest you put those fancy degrees of yours to use and think about what you’re doing.”

While he kept the distance between them, he stood up straight and stared her down. “Let’s say you’re right about this flaming car. What then? You really think that’s something you can handle? All by yourself?” He kept his voice low, a warning rather than a threat to Jemma. “And have you given any thought about the drive of this flaming car? What kind of person they’d have to be if they’re going around after curfew like that?” He shook his head slowly, dark eyes never leaving her. “What would you even do with that kind of information huh? Tell the NYPD? C.A.D.? So they can what, come and look at my car? Ain’t no one goin believe you when you’ve got no evidence.”

He took a few steps forward, putting his hands on Lucy. A smirk rose to his lips as the car’s engine came to life, a sweet purr that revved up a few times. “Besides, I already told you. It’s magic.” Or something close enough. It sure wasn’t anything he could explain.
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 05:40 PM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

Well this man was certainly more intimidating than he'd come off at the get-go. Simmons gave a small scoff as her education came into question - or rather,
under fire. "They're not fancy! They are practical!" She argued, as if that were the main point to his argument, as if his tone wasn't getting increasingly more antagonistic. As if she hadn't brought this upon herself.

At least he was keeping his distance - the width of the car wasn't much but it left her out of arms reach and that was something. She just hoped she hadn't cornered herself too badly, though looking down at the hood of her car she realized she wasn't in a prime position if the idea was to be able to run. He was taller, longer legs, closer to the door, would probably get there first.

There was a reason she'd never been a tactical officer and this was at least eighty two percent of it.

"If the... hypothetical driver of this... allegedly flaming car were to exist I would... I would imagine he um." Christ, she was unprepared for this. It was supposed to be an easy night. "He would be an invaluable asset to the proper teams if he were... were... willing! Ah, yes, willing. To... assist..." She took a few small steps towards the garage door, just trying to level the playing field a little. In case.

"As it so happens, I am... I am well respected and I could--" She threw her hands up as the car's engine to roar to life, leaving her to yelp and stumble backwards and away from the vehicle, eyes wide and focused on the self-revving car beneath his palms.
Oh, wouldn't Coulson love this. "Y-your car just turned itself on." She stammered, voice suddenly quiet and a little bit weak. "Th-this has to be a trick, where's the remote? You've got a remote, haven't you? Very funny, remote controlled car, haha. I see through this, you know. I do! Honest."

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 06:50 PM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

Robbie took no pleasure in intimidating this lady. Well, ok, maybe he took a little bit of pleasure in it but sometimes it was nice to knock snotty people down a peg. And really, he was doing this lady a favor, he had no interest in hurting her or stopping her from leaving the garage but not everyone was going to be as nice as him. If she continued to stick her nose into other people’s business so recklessly she was going to get herself hurt or killed. Maybe this would teach her to get a partner or to be a little less forward about things.

“If this hypothetical driver was interested in being an asset, don’t you think he would have done so already? Not sure if you know this but Stark Tower isn’t hard to find.” Teamwork wasn’t the Rider’s thing, especially not teams where killing would be frowned upon. And Robbie doubted the Avengers or the NYPD would accept his methods. Even if they would, he was sure they’d all have the same reaction as Jemma was having, they would scoff in disbelief rather than believe there were things out there that even three PhD’s couldn’t help you understand.

He chuckled softly as he gave Lucy’s roof an affection pat. “You saw my hands, did I pull out a remote?” He let out a genuine laugh as Jemma insisted she could see through what he was doing, giving his head another slow shake. “Naw, you don’t know anything about this but it’s funny that you think you do.” He kept his hands on the roof, showing Jemma that they were empty as the car revved a little longer and a little louder. His eye brown eyes glowed orange as Lucy burst into flames. “Still think it’s a trick? Or maybe there are things that even all of your practical science degrees can’t explain.”

He took his hands off the Charger and the flames went out immediately, once again leaving behind a perfectly intact car when there shouldn’t have been one. “I’d pop the hood and show you there’s no automatic starter but I doubt you’d even known one if you saw it. So go ahead, tell your higher ups about the flaming car you might have seen but can’t prove. No one is going to believe your story and I’ll deny the whole thing. I’m just a mechanic who loves classic cars, nothing more.”

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 08:26 PM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

Part of Simmons didn't appreciate this man's tone. The other part of her told her to keep that opinion to herself. He'd already made the car roar to life with his bare hands and - as he so smugly pointed out - no remote, so there was no telling what else he could do. Simmons quickly found herself glad that she had stumbled away from the roaring-to-life car as the entire vehicle burst into spontaneous flames, the heat of which she could feel from her small distance. She shielded her eyes as if the vehicle might explode, only for the fire to go out a moment later.

Dumbfounded, Simmons stood with her jaw tensed and her body poised to take off but her mind and her feet were not on the same page. She swallowed, anxious, and let everything he had said weigh in her mind as much as she could; rationality was usually her strong suit, but she was struggling to comprehend the full scope of what she was witnessing and that? That was new. Finally, with her eyes trained on the perfectly un-marred car, she found the will to speak.

"I knew a man once -- briefly -- who could do this. He could... create fire but it didn't burn him." She said as quietly as she could, as if keeping her voice low would stop it from quivering. "My friends and I can help you. I can - if you'll let me - I can help." She assured, finding the bravery to take a step closer to him. "We have state of the art technology, labs, I might be able to stabilize any negative effects of your abilities."

Admittedly, she wasn't sure if this was the best offer to make. Truthfully it didn't seem like he needed help with stabilization but Simmons was scared. Nervous, at the very least, that he wasn't going to be on their side when things went south. That, after all, would probably end very badly for everyone else involved. "You think they won't believe this but look around. The whole world is full of unbelievable things. It's time we all started accepting that." A hard thing for her to admit, surely, but it felt necessary. She very slowly came closer, extending a hand.

"Simmons. Jemma, I suppose, but most everyone calls me Simmons." She said, a brief glimmer of her normal self coming through in her almost passive tone. "I'm a scientist. Biochemist, really, and you may not have faith in that but I do. And it means something to me. And I promise you, if you want it, I can help."

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 10:03 PM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

Girl had some cojones for sticking around after his little demonstration. Robbie had expected her to run out of the garage or to start speaking jibberish since none of this lined up with her precious science PhDs. Instead she had stood her ground and after a moment spoke up. That prissy tone was gone from her words and Robbie was surprised that she was suddenly offering to help him and even risked taking a few steps closer to him. Robbie could only give her a look of confusion, like she was suddenly the one on fire.

He stayed silent as she made her case before she finally introduced herself. He looked at the hand that was offered to him, letting it hang there for an awkward amount of time before finally moving to pull off one of his driving gloves, wipe the palm of his hand on the back of his pants, and shake her hand. “Robbie.” Despite the offer he wasn’t going to trust her with his last name while they were this close to his home, not when he had Gabe to worry about. “Mechanic, car enthusiast, reluctant vigilant.”

Robbie leaned against the side of his car, looking Simmons over as he mulled over what he was willing to say. He pulled off his other driving glove, shoving both of them into the back pocket of his jeans before loosely crossing his arms over his chest. “You got faith in science but what about actual faith. Do you believe in God? Or more importantly in my case, do you believe in the devil?” He was already eyeing her skeptically, waiting for her to scoff at this like she had with magic.

There was a part of him that wanted to hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, Simmon’s offer for help could work for him. That maybe he could rid himself of the Rider and just be normal again. No more lying to Gabe, no more sleepless nights, no more killing. He’d do just about anything to just be Robbie Reyes again and not the Ghost Rider.

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 12:54 PM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

Sometimes Jemma hated herself for being so kind. It wasn't exactly a great trait to have when you threw yourself into every situation so whole-heartedly.
She liked to see the best in people, to help them. It wasn't the entire driving force behind everything she did, but it certainly was at the fore of why she did what she did. Simmons had never been in it for the glory; if she had, she would have just joined up at some prestigious research lab somehwere creating the foremost medical technology for public access. Instead, she had gone to work with SHIELD. She had kept her research secret.

For the greater good. But even that had been a lie in the end, unfortunate as it was. SHIELD had fallen. But she had stood tall, taken what she could and ran with it. To CAD. CAD, whose true goal was to help. A place she wished, to some extent,
she'd been all along.

By the time he shook her hand, the air between them had staled but Simmons wasn't about to let that ruin it. He was being kind - less threatening than he was before. Just a normal guy with a lot of reluctance behind the eyes. She gave his hand a firm squeeze before she dropped it, her smile small but genuine. "Pleasure to meet you, Robbie." She said, hopefully reinforcing that she meant no harm with her voice. Truly, she wanted to help.

"I can't say I believe in either of those things, no." She said softly, wondering his motive with this line of questioning. "I have seen so much, and most of it leads me to believe there is a scientific answer to everything. There is so much in this world that people have related to spirituality but I know what I've seen. It wasn't something everyone wanted to hear. She knew that. Luckily, she wasn't really one to keep track of the topics of polite conversation... especially not when asked so directly. "I don't discredit those who have their spiritual beliefs I just... don't necessarily agree with the idea that names like God and the Devil are not just simplified nomenclature for scientific facts yet unexplained."

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 09:01 PM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

Robbie shook his head at Simmons, clicking his tongue in disappointment. “What was that you just said? Something about accepting the unbelievable? I promise you chica, the devil is very real.” He pushed himself off the side of his car and pulled his keys out to lock up his car. “Sold my very soul to him.” He swung his keys around his finger before putting them back in his pocket and turned back to face Simmons. “That's how I do the things I do.”

He walked past Simmon’s, giving her as wide a berth as he could, to get outside of the garage. He turned to make sure she was following, clearly not wanting her to be around his car. Once they were outside Robbie stopped again, glancing around to make sure they still had privacy. “I am not a mutant, I’m not some science experiment gone wrong, I made a deal with the devil. If all you want to do is try to rationalize me and come up with a scientific explanation for my car being on fire then go back to your patrol and forget about me.” Robbie stared her down, making sure she was taking him seriously.

And once he was sure Jemma had, he let out a sigh that seemed to deflate him as he hunched into his jacket. “If that's not what your goin’ do then, I don't know, give me a business card or something. I’ll give it some thought.” It would probably be a waste of time, he needed a damn exorcist not a scientist. But even a snowballs chance in hell was odds he could deal with.

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
JEMMA SIMMONS
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 11:52 AM

C.A.D.

Nicknames / simmons

Age / 27

Occupation / bio-chemist

single /

adore / est / she/her

"I am not going to just go back to my patrol and leave, I'm sorry."

Jemma shook her head; she didn't believe in the Devil, maybe someone masquerading as him, a name like the Clairvoyant. Someone with powers of the own but the devil?

It wasn't something her brain could wrap around, not something she wanted to or was fully capable of accepting. But she wasn't going to argue with him; that muc wasn't worth it. She could help him, he could be an ally. They had too much potential to offer each other. "But I will concede to you that anything is possible, though I may not be able to wrap my head around it."

It seemed like the only acceptable middle ground, and as her eyes darted to the car that not two minutes earlier had literally been on fire, she hoped it was good enough. She wasn't sure, but her clothing seemed pretty flammable and she didn't want to take any chances.

With his prompting for a business card, she raised a brow and then opened her messenger bag, sifting through for something - anything - that might have her information on it. She wasn't used to carrying business cards; she hadn't needed them in SHIELD and she really didn't need them now. Finding a box of gum instead -
a box she didn't remember putting in her bag... bloody Fitz - and a pen, she ripped the cardboard and began to scribble her contact number and name on the scrap. "It's not a card, but it's my information. If you need anything at all,
please do not hesitate to contact me."

A pause followed, then she bit her lip. "So...how long have you been spontaneously catching fire, then?"

PM EMAIL
^
ROBERTO REYES
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 01:02 AM

Hero

Nicknames / Robbie

Age / 27

Occupation / Mechanic

Single /

FC / Gabriel Luna

North / Mt / He/him

That would have to be good enough. She at least was willing to concede rather than continue a pointless argument on his origins. Robbie knew what he had done, and maybe if Jemma ever had the unfortunate experience of seeing the Ghost Rider for herself she’d be a little more open to the possibility of the devil.

Robbie raised an eyebrow slightly as Jemma was forced to use a scrap of cardboard for her number. He took it from her and slipped it into the same pocket with his car keys. At least if Gabe found it he would probably think his brother had just been flirting with some girl rather than talking to someone about his vigilante night job. “Like I said, I’ll give it some thought. I’ve tried to learn from some of my past mistakes and not make rash, possibly life altering decisions on a whim.” If he never contacted Ms. Simmons here again then maybe she would never learn who he was, either Robbie Reyes or the Ghost Rider. The moment someone learned who he was, then a whole new set of problems would be introduced to his life, and more importantly to Gabe’s life.

“It’s not spontaneous, I control it.” Sort of at least. The Rider and him were typically in agreement as to when flaming on was a good idea. He paused though before actually answering Jemma’s question, brow furrowing slightly as the length of time hit him. “Six years come May.” Six years of lying to his family. Six years of fighting and killing. Six years of life that he otherwise would have lost. “And I’ve done just fine on my own for those six years. So if you don’t hear from me, it’s because I value my privacy and hopefully you’ll respect that and not come back here.” While this woman seemed like she genuinely wanted to try and help him, not knowing her motivations made him uneasy. Maybe she was one of those few souls in the world who just wanted to help for nothing in return. Or maybe she did know that he was the Ghost Rider and was seeking out her own revenge.

JEMMA SIMMONS
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL